Saturday, November 12, 2011

Halloween

Halloween was on a Monday this year. We were not sure if Tim would be home on Monday from Football practice or not since Riley goes to bed at 6:30. So, Sunday we went to a few neighbors' houses and to a few friends' houses. Riley loved it. Riley learned to say "kandee" (candy). Lollipops are her favorite. She liked knocking on doors. Since Halloween she continually walks to our neighbor, Kris' house, knocks and says candy. Most of the time Kris is not home from work yet, so we don't actually bug her...just her dog.

Riley was going to be a pumpkin fairy, but after we took a few pictures a week or so before Halloween I had to cut the costume off of her.  It was too small and too short. It was okay though because I got it for $1 last year at an after Halloween sale. I also got her a Dorothy costume from the Wizard of Oz for $3 last year. So, plan B...Dorothy. Ruby red slippers from Target and we were set.

Tim did make it home, so we did it all over again on Monday.

Here are a few pictures from our second Halloween/Trick Or Treating.

Our neighbor had this in her yard and Riley discovered it had a bell on the hat...great fun!



Chocolate...yummmmmm


Thanks, Grandma Judy for the cute spider pumpkin holder. I cut the letters for the pumpkins.

I got my costume last year for $5...just had to put it on for a picture since she was Dorothy. I didn't wear it out though.

2 comments:

  1. Love your updates ~ keep the pictures and commentary coming! Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwww so cute-- they grow so fast! she's gorgeous, and such a great personality! keep the updates coming--we feel geographically closer just being able to see!

    love you all-----aunt gladys et al

    ReplyDelete